4 March 2011

ALI CAVANAUGH























My dependence on the visual world began when I lost much of my hearing through spinal meningitis at 2 years of age. This loss was a blessing in disguise as I learned to depend on body language and reading lips to communicate. So, from my youngest days, I became sensitive to the people around me and the unspoken language revealed through compositions of the body.” Ali Cavanaugh

The figurative artist Ali Cavanaugh is constantly in a state of awareness about the world taking in the imagery and colors. The intention is to paint not only the delicate features of the external but to capture the tender unseen, hoping that her work depicting the complexity within thought and emotion, people might find inspiration to look at one another in new ways and grow in sincere appreciation for each other.

Beautiful work in my opinion!


No comments:

Post a Comment