7 January 2011

LONDON

Having spent most of my 20's living in London I find myself missing the spirit of the city from time to time.
 In particular I miss:

The natural politeness between strangers on the street, it might seem old fashion but how I miss having men holding the door for me and letting me on the bus first for no other reason than me being a woman. The chit chat about the weather (I dont miss the many rainy days!) with strangers in the pub and the huge amount of 'Thank you' and 'I'm sorry' being exchanged between everybody for no obvious reasons.


















The many different areas of London that changes from upper class mansions to rough council estates within 1 or 2 streets. London has a rule where all councils are obliged to having the same number of council estates -this gives the city a mixed population and a larger acceptance and understanding of different social classes and races. 
 

















The Black Cab, I LOVE THE BLACK CAB. Its spacious, always available, quite cheap, it can take up to 5 people, the driver has a 4 years cap driver education and knows EVERY street of Greater London of the top of his head. Whats not to love...?

















 These illustration of  London are lovely.

LINK: Nor fish nor fowl

No comments:

Post a Comment